Monday, December 8, 2014

Mary did you know???


Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: "This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too." ~Luke 2:34-35

Did Mary have any idea the pain she would endure? Did the words of Simeon really sink in at that moment as she held that precious eight day old baby in her arms? I don't know but for some reason I can't stop thinking about it. Maybe its because I know the pain I have felt as a mother has been greater than any other pain I ever endured. Maybe its because lately I have felt some soul piercing pain as one of my children is struggling and yet I know that it doesn't come close to the pain she would endure.

I have read these verses over and over in the last few weeks. I can't seem to get Mary out of my mind. I know that Christmas is a wonderful time and I know, praise Jesus, He had to come. I know without the birth there would have been no cross yet I think of Mary.

Mary your child is destined
Mary He will cause the rising and falling of many
Mary He will be spoken out against
Mary He will reveal the thoughts of many hearts
Oh and by the way Mary He will suffer and because He is your child and you love Him a sword will pierce your own soul too

Whoa....almost seems like too much doesn't it???? But she trusted and she endured and what didn't kill her physically she was given the strength to survive. She could have been driven by fear but she was driven by faith. 

So what's your "too much to handle" this holiday? 

He'll get you through it. 

You will be stronger. 

You will be changed when its all said and done if you let Him change you.

Losing total control of a situation can be a very sweet gift because it puts you in a position to really see God move.  It can put you in a place of total trust and dependence that you may have never experienced before. It is where our faith grows and our eyes can be opened to the wonders and miracles of God.  

As I sit and type this I am getting ready to leave for the hospital where my dad is having open heart surgery.  I am in a place of having no control. I know right now I have a choice.  I too can be fear driven or faith driven.  I'm choosing faith.  I'm choosing at this moment to trust.  

We choose to have faith.  We choose to trust.  We choose to give up total control.

What will you choose today?

Please let me know if I can pray for you in anyway and if you think of my dad, please say a prayer for him!

Blessings!

No comments: